CERTIFIED PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN
The Patient Care Technician course focuses on patient care in an Acute Care setting, such as a Hospital.
This is a comprehensive certification program for the student to prepare for employment in the health care field. This program is an excellent introduction to the nursing field and is highly recommended for the student who is planning to continue their education in nursing.
Provides the student with the theory, clinical skills and hands on experience to work in a variety of settings from acute care to home care. This program offers all certifications including but not limited to Patient Care Technician, EKG Technician, Phlebotomy, Home Health, CPR and Alzheimer’s.
The coursework and curriculum will prepare to receive certification as:
* Certified Nursing Assistant - NJ Department of Health and Senior Services
* Certified Home Health Aide - NJ Board of Nursing
* Certified Patient Care Technician - National Healthcareer Association
* Phlebotomy Technician
* EKG Technician
* CPR Certification - American Heart Association
1. NJ Board of Nursing Curriculum (classroom and clinical)
2. NJ Department of Health and Senior Services Curriculum (classroom and clinical)
3. Anatomy and Physiology
4. EKG Module
5. Phlebotomy Module
6. CPR Module
7. Patient Care Technician Module
Successful completion of this course will provide the student with the Department of Health and Senior Services(CNA), New Jersey Board of Nursing (CHHA) and National Healthcareer Association (CPCT) certification examinations.
Classes will meet for approximately 4-5 months.